We have released a new Mac Dashboard widget this week with which you can see constantly refreshed information from boxedup’s lists and activity feeds. We are using ours at the moment to follow our “Friends Activity” which shows us anything added or moved from any of our friends accounts – perfect at this time of year! If you don’t have a Mac you can use the available feeds in any RSS reader – more on that here.
To install, just download the widget (click the image below) and it will automatically add to your dashboard (if it doesn’t install automatically save the file to your computer then click the downloaded file)
To use the widget follow these steps
1. Click the ‘i’ button on the bottom right to get to the back panel
2. Add the username of the user you want to follow (this is the name at the end of their URL, without any spaces)
3. Choose which list or activity feed you want to display with the drop down
4. If you want to see another list the user has created (not on the drop down), select “Other List” on the drop down and add the list name in the box below (this is the name at the end of the list URL, without any spaces)
5. Click “Done” and you will return to the front panel which will show your automatically updating feed
We hope you enjoy using our site after the latest round of developments, we’d like to thank Aimee Daniells, who has been helping develop all the great new features we have added in recent months – many thanks!
We hope you’ve been using all the new features on the site, we have been busy rearranging our lists as it’s now so easy to do! Our latest updates bring you some really useful tools, so here goes!
You can now get RSS feed for every public list and also activity streams.
- Watch your friends lists and see updates of what they add
- Watch your network activity to see updates of everything all your friends add
- Watch your own lists so you can access them easily
This means you can get constantly refreshed updates anywhere there is an RSS reader – on your iPhone, on your Google homepage, on your Mac dashboard!
If you are new to RSS feeds they are really simple – just a URL that you add into an RSS reader. To get the RSS feed URL just click the RSS icon next to each list / activity stream or the RSS icon in your browser address window – simple! Your RSS feeds willl keep updating frequently to make sure you can see any recent changes from boxedup.
RSS readers can be found for free or very cheaply all over the web, or you can use our Mac Dashboard Widget to which will allow you to access all your RSS feeds easily.
Did you know that you can add tags to each of your products so that you, or anyone visiting your list can filter the list with those tags?
- Just want to see everything tagged with DVD’s or Music?
- Just want to see Clothes or Shoes?
To add tags you can edit each product and add as many tags as you want. Once you’ve added some tags, they appear on the right hand side, and just click one to add the filter! (click remove to go back to normal view)
Lastly we’ve updated the homepage so you can see the last few posts from our blog, which will keep you up to date with any changes we make – in fact you might be reading this now on our homepage. Happy Shopping!